Sofia joined the firm as a partner in 2006 having built an enviable reputation as a leading matrimonial lawyer in her career and specialises in family law with particular expertise in complex and substantial cases with an international element.
Divorce, separation, ancillary relief, co-habitation disputes and pre-nuptial agreements are all dealt with on a regular basis by Sofia and her expert team.
Many cases are both complex and high value, frequently involving the resolution of sensitive issues relating to children and financial matters involving trusts and companies both in the UK and abroad. Sofia combines her expertise with an intense and personal service that, time after time, achieves outstanding results for her clients. This is why her reputation continues to grow.
Sofia is a UK Legal 500 2016 Recommended Lawyer for ‘London: Private client’ within ‘Family’, who has ‘excellent judgement and puts her clients at ease’. She has also been described as “‘the star’ at DWFM Beckman: ‘in any litigation you would want her on your side. She fights her cases hard but also has great judgement and knows which points to take and which not’.”
- Shwan Al-Mulla v Suzan Al-Mulla 
- Mubarak v Mubarik  EWHC 1260 (Fam);  EWCA Civ 879;  EWHC 220 (Fam);  1 FLR 722;  JRC 136;  JCA 196
- FZ v SZ & Anr.  AER (D) 189 Jul
- Young v Young  EWHC 138 (Fam);  2 FLR 470;  EWHC 34 (Fam)
- ZA v AS  EWHC 2630 (Fam)
- Joy v Joy  EWCA Civ 520;  EWHC 455 (Fam)
- Joy v Joy-Morancho  EWHC 3769 (Fam);  EWHC 2507
- TM v AH  EWHC 572 (Fam)
- Ali v Ansar-Ali  EWCA Civ 781