The Legal 500, a the leading Legal Directory in the UK, announced the results for its 2020 edition, ranking DWFM for its services in: Commercial Litigation; for Employment (Human Resources – Senior Executives), Technology, Media and Telecoms) and Private Client – Matrimonial and Family Law.
Sofia Dionissiou-Moussaoui who leads the Family team retains her Leading Individual status again this year. Client testimonials praise both Sofia, Senior Associate, Diana Bastow and the team as a whole. Examples of testimonials cited by the Legal 500 are:
- “A good hardworking family team with diverse ethnic backgrounds working for HNWs”.
- “Sofia Dionissiou-Moussaoui acts with precision and never falters in her execution. She runs her team like a military operation and every move is co-ordinated and part of the bigger plan”.
- “Sofia Dionissiou-Moussaoui and Diana Bastow in particular are both excellent. In-depth knowledge of international financial issues”.
- “Sofia Dionissiou-Moussaoui is a first-rate solicitor with a relentless tenacity and stamina of which I am in awe”.
- “Sofia Dionissiou-Moussaoui seems to be always one step ahead on the procedures. She is determined to pursue the truth no matter what and she doesn’t leave one stone unturned until she does so”.
The Employment team were ranked again for its work in Human Resources specialising in Senior Executive clientele. Practice head, Elizabeth Johnson is described as “extremely responsive and a pleasure to work with”. A testimonial provided for the team as a whole stated “[They] have always provided me with a highly personalised and effective service. They are in my view in the premiere division but retain a sense of humility and lack the arrogance of the other larger firms they compete with”.
Client and professional testimonials for key personnel in the team provided:
- “Naylah Hamour is a thoughtful, conscientious lawyer with a very broad knowledge base; her technical legal abilities are excellent”.
- “Sharokh Koussari has a broad based practice and a commercial outlook; he is strong tactically”.
- “Liz Johnson’s advice is razor-sharp – her advice is always high impact. I have full faith that Liz will see me right in any employment contract conversation. She is very direct and to the point and doesn’t waste time”.
- “Liz Johnson has been extremely responsive when I’ve needed her advice and has always been a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her for senior executive employment advice”.
The Media and Entertainment department was ranked again and the testimonial cited by the Legal 500 for Practice head, Irving David admired him for “his no-nonsense approach, his seemingly vast knowledge and his good humour”.
Several Partners in the Commercial team were ranked again as Recommended Individuals including Dionissou Demetris, Colin Jaque and Peter Bridson.
Anthony Mead, DWFM Beckman’s Senior Partner, comments on the results: “I am delighted that DWFM Beckman continues to receive such excellent testimonial feedback and is ranked again this year with Sofia Dionissiou-Moussaoui retaining her deserved Leading Individual status.