Services to Employees and Workers
We know that issues at work can become difficult and stressful to deal with and that often clients will need guidance before matters come to a head.
Our employment team is able to advise on all aspects of employment law at every stage of your employment, from recruitment through to termination. We appreciate that employment issues can be complex and are often extremely worrying and difficult to deal with, leaving the employee feeling confused and uncertain. Our specialists will identify the relevant issues and provide you with strategic, effective advice and guidance to secure the best possible outcome according to your requirements.
Where it is not possible to restore harmonious working relationships our specialists are skilled negotiators and litigators and will be able to represent you in negotiations with your employer or in issuing employment tribunal or civil court proceedings. We pride ourselves in our excellent and successful track record in employment dispute resolution.
Our expertise covers the following areas that may affect you:
- Discrimination on the grounds of race, age, disability, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age and gender reassignment
- Whistleblowing issues
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures, appeal procedures, redundancy and dismissals
- Mediation and negotiation with Employers
- Advice as to employment status, (eg employee, workers, self-employed contractor)
- Bullying, harassment and victimisation
- Changes to employees existing terms and conditions of employment, employee rights whether temporary, fixed term or permanent
- Transfer of Undertakings and Protection of Employment Regulations (TUPE)
- Negotiation and execution of Settlement Agreements as a means of resolving a dispute or bringing the employment relationship to an end
- Employment Tribunal proceedings
- Post-termination restrictions, confidentiality obligations and proceedings in the Civil Courts